Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Issue is ME...

Beautiful Ugly, Santa Ana River at LaPalma & Kramer Anaheim CA. After rain. One of my very favorite photos as its nature in concrete and a surprise of a rainbow.
I've seem to have lost something, myself. I have the feeling that I am living someone else's dream.

My dream is to photograph and travel. Live out of my suitcase and always have my camera on hand. Knowing who I am and how I wanted to live my life has been essential in moving to New York. How do I come back to it and start living my dream my life the way I dreamt it?

 It's never been about making money, it's about being true to myself. It's not about watching my shows or eating chicken wings. It's about watching the sunset and photographing it.

First would be change my attitude, change my energy level, focus my free time on my goals and dreams.

I want to be Yolanda cool photographer chick who drives a porsche 914, hikes 5 miles, watches the sunrise, wears a big turquoise bracelet, has hair that is inappropriately long for her age and always over dresses for the occasion, shoots tequila with a smile, is sort of just like her Mom w/out the ocd, adores her son, loves her man, craves Mexican food but can eat Chinese everyday, is passionate about fashion and reads National Geographic religiously, keeps trying to not be negative but sometimes can't help it, loves the smell of cheese but wont eat it, works hard and vacations harder, believes that true happiness is found on a roadtrip but sometimes it can be found on the screen of a blackberry when you become mayor or get that greasy spoon badge, and knows that experiences are more important then stuff. All I need is love and a camera, but occasionally a good book is nice too.

Tome New Mexico, arroyo, I love the shock of natural color within the brown of a New Mexico winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment